1. Policy Statement
1.4 Our Data Protection Officer is Dave Stapleton
2. General Information
3. Information we may collect from you
3.1 When you register to join our mailing list we may ask you to provide certain information such as your name, city and email address. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
4. How we use your information
Set out below is a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are, where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
|Purpose / Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
|1.||To undertake any marketing emails to individuals
|Name, Email and Country||Consent via email or opt in sign form on our website|
|2.||To improve our business performance with industry specialists (agents, promoters, media and journalists)
|Name, Organisation, Address, Email, Telephone||Legitimate Interest (to offer similar products)|
|3.||To process and deliver the Services for Suppliers including: (a) Managing payments and charges (b) Collecting and recovering money owed to us (c) Contacting you and corresponding about the Services (d) to provide support to the services
|Performance of a contract|
|4.||To respond to queries and enquiries from industry specialists (agents, promoters, media and journalists)||Name, Organisation, Address, Email, Telephone||Legitimate Interest (to offer similar products)|
|5.||To undertake marketing emails industry specialists (agents, promoters, media and journalists)||Name, Organisation, Address, Email, Telephone||Legitimate Interest (to offer similar products)|
4.1 Our Group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006), our joint ventures and joint ventures of our Group, as we develop new business either on our own or with others, will use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
– in the normal course of our business, to allow us to register you to receive our newsletters;
– to allow us to manage your account;
– to allow us to analyse your personal preferences and personalise our services to you so that we can provide a more tailored experience to you;
– to store your data to pre-populate fields to make it easier for you to provide information when you return to our sites;
– we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
– Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access on the basis that processing is necessary in order to perform our contract with you to provide our services;
– to communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you;
– to validate your Personal Data (and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party) to check that the Personal Data we hold about our customers/users is accurate, consistent and up to date on the basis that you have consented to such processing by agreeing to share your Personal Data with us for such purposes;
– to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject on the basis that processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
– in pursuit of our legitimate interests, such as developing and/or consolidating our business, defending our legal rights and/or seeking advice from our professional advisors;
4.2 We will endeavour periodically to check that the personal data we store for you is accurate. If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you, please contact us on [email protected] with your request.
4.3 The provision of your contact information; email address, postal address, and name to register you with our site and/or provide the services is mandatory if you are to receive our newsletters.
4.4 The provision of Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing is voluntary and you do not need to provide such Personal Data in order to receive our services. Information relating to your marketing preferences is detailed below under “Marketing”.
5. Who do we share your information with?
5.1 As part of using our services, you consent to us sharing your Personal Data with the following parties:
to any member of our Group of companies (as described in section 4.1 above), our joint ventures and joint ventures of our Group, as we develop new business either on our own or with others;
– service providers and other third parties who process and store data on our behalf;
– professional advisors;
– individuals who you nominate as referees to verify certain information;
5.2 We may also share your Personal Data with third parties:
– in the event that our business, either in whole or in part, is acquired by a third party (in which case Personal Data about customers will be one of the transferred assets);
– if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any contract with you; or to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our employees, customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
6. How long do we store your personal data for?
6.2 In any event, we will only store your personal data whilst you continue to use our services and for a period of six months thereafter.
7. Where we store your personal data?
7.1 In order to ensure fair and transparent processing, we will, taking into account our processing activities, adopt appropriate procedures for the processing of Personal Data, which shall include implementing technical and organisational measures which take into account the harm that may be suffered, and correct inaccuracies identified in Personal Data processed, so that risk of errors are minimised and your Personal Data is processed in a fair and secure manner.
7.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
7.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7.4 From time to time, service providers, members of Our Group (as described in section 4.1 above) and organisations with whom we work, may be located outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data as the UK. We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your Personal Data. We will also ensure that our service providers enter into compliant processing agreements with us to ensure that your Personal Data is processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
8.1 If you are a new customer, we will contact you by email. You can indicate that you do not wish to receive such marketing information by contacting us at [email protected] or selecting “unsubscribe” on the relevant marketing communication.
8.2 We may also permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you by post, telephone, email and/or test message where you have provided your express consent for us to do so by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data for the purposes of marketing.
8.3 You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or selecting “unsubscribe” on the relevant marketing communication.
9. What are your rights?
– Access to your personal data: You may request access to a copy of your personal data.
– Rectification: You may ask us to rectify inaccurate Personal Data held about you. If you would like to update the Personal Data we hold about you, please email us at [email protected] and provide the updated information.
– Erasure: You may ask us to delete your personal data. If you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below, specifying why you would like us to delete your personal data.
– Portability: You may ask us to provide you with the Personal Data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
– Make a complaint: You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at ico.org.uk.
Please note that we may ask you to provide a form of identification verification before we can give effect to any such request made by you.
10. IP addresses
We may but not obliged to collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
11. Links to Other Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and PL1 affiliates including but not limited to Bandcamp.com, Youtube.com, Facebook.com, Twitter.com. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
13. Contact Us